Adding a printer to your device is the next step to achieving a set goal for your business. A printer setting in windows 10 is not a painful task that any non-technical person can perform. Here’s a guide that assists the users in adding a local printer in windows 10, depending on what kind of connection you want to use.
Type of Connections You Can Choose to Add A Printer
Several kinds of Printers are available in the market these days that add a new feature to your devices. Several connections help the user establish connectivity between the device and the Printer.
- Via wifi
- Via USB cable
- Via Bluetooth
These three paths of connectivity connect the device to the Printer with three different techniques discussed in this post.
How to Connect Local Printers to Windows 10?
You can add your local Printer via wifi, not via USB or Bluetooth. Here’s how to add this with different techniques.
1: Add Printer to Windows 10 Via Wi-Fi
- Go to the Windows Start menu
- Click on the Setting option
- Then choose the device option
- Now select Printer and Scanner from the left sidebar
- Now choose the Add a printer option
- Now simply choose “The printer that I want isn’t listed.”
- After the above steps, the “Add a printer” window pops up on the screen.
- Simply choose “Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings,” and then click on the Next button.
- Select the post “create a New Port” and choose standard TCP/IP from the drop-down box.
- Now fill the blank space with the printer’s IP address and click on Next.
- Now you have to select an appropriate Device type
- After that, install the Print driver.
- You have to choose “Use the currently installed driver (recommended)” and click on Next.
- Now Set up Optional Preferences.
- After the above step, you will get a message of successfully setting up the printer.
2: Add the Printer via USB in Windows 10
- First, connect the printer and computer with a USB cable to start this process.
- Now follow the on-screen installation to install the print driver.
- Check the status of the printer that it successfully steals or not, and to do so, follow the steps:
- Start button> Settings > Devices > Printers & Scanners.
- Start button> Control Panel> Hardware and Sound> Devices and Printers
- If the printer is set successfully, it is shown in the list of printers.
- And you are good to go and use the printer connected via USB cable.
3: Add Printer Via Bluetooth in Windows 10
- Go to the “Start button.”
- Select “Setting” and then choose “Bluetooth and Other Devices.”
- Now the most of all the available Bluetooth devices have appeared on the screen.
- Select the desired Bluetooth as the type of device to add
- Now pair the Computer and printer via Bluetooth
- Enter a PIN if required.
- Click on the Connect button.
- Check the COM Port in the device manager through the steps:
- Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Devices & Printers
- Right-click on the Bluetooth Printer and select the Properties option
- You will see the COM port used by the Printer under the service Tab.
- Follow the on-screen instruction to install the print driver and make sure you use the same port to install. Just set up within the Windows device manager.
- Checkmark the box beside the COM3 during the installation if you have COM3 in Device Manager
- Now just click on the Install button to start the installation process of the Print Drivers with the Matching COM Port.
Test the Installation of Printer is Correct via Print Test Page
Printing a test print page is a test for the newly installed Printer on the device, which notifies the quality of the Printer and the number of colors being burst out from the Printer’s mouth. This test is a must-have procedure for any newly installed printer that checks the Printer’s functionality. This test varies on the printer brand, and it’s not easy, just like printing other stuff in regularly used printers.
So, you will need a guide to print the sample page with the recently installed Printer to analyze the quality.
As we added a new printer to Windows 10, we must print the sample test page within Windows 10. Follow the steps to do so.
- Go to the “Start button.”
- Open the “control panel” and choose the “Printer and Scanners.”
- Now a list of printers came outlook for the newly installed printer you desired.
- Hover on the printer, right-click on it, and choose “Manage.”
- Under the manage your computer list, select the “Print A Test Page” option.
- After that, simply select an option to print and check the printer is printing correctly.
- If the above process does not satisfy you, you should replace the printer’s cartridge and printer ink.
- Then repeat the above step and monitor the printer’s printing quality.
- If you are still not satisfied with the printer’s work, you should try a test page PDF file.
Print a Test Page in Color on Windows 10
Follow the below instructions to print the test sample page in color on Windows 10
- Make sure the paper tray is full of A4 papers
- Press the power button to turn on the printer
- Now you have to select the printer assistant program listed in the list of installed software.
- Now choose the “Maintain and Printer.”
- Then select the “Device reports.”
- Choose “Print diagnostic details” to view the essential details about the printer along with ink status, where you can choose the printing color.
- MyCardStatement – Login & Pay Visa Bills
- Android Emulators For Windows 10
- Targetpayandbenefits – Steps to Login & SignUp
- How to Add A Local Printer on Windows 10?
- What The Experts Are Saying About Spate Game
Hopefully, the above methods for installing a printer in Windows 10 helped you well. If you liked the above article, check out the other article to assist in different topics. These methods are not as technical as it sounds, but a non-technical person can perform them efficiently.